First Presbyterian Church of Libertyville is seeking qualified candidates to fill the position of Business Administrator. This position reports to the Head of Staff with dotted line responsibility to the Chairs of the Business Affairs and Personnel committees and is primarily responsible to provide support for the financial, business operations and personnel functions of the church. Staff includes Facilities Manager and Financial Assistant (part time).
The qualified candidate will be expected to:
● Support all aspects of the church’s business and financial functions with guidance from the Business Affairs committee members. These functions include but are not limited to contribution records, general ledger and accounts payable, budgeting and payroll.
● Use technology and spreadsheets to ensure the integrity of financial data and reporting; facilitate communication; track data; and prepare reports.
● Work with insurance providers in property/casualty, and liability Worker’s Compensation.
● Support the development of stewardship programs.
● Purchase computer equipment, software, furniture, supplies and manage inventory.
● Manage existing real estate and assist in the financial planning for future facility development.
● Work with appropriate committees, officers and leaders to implement the business affairs and personnel policies and procedures of the Church.
In addition, the qualified candidate will
● Have a college degree and 5+ years of relevant work experience.
● Be well organized, detailed-oriented, and a problem-solver.
● Enjoy working with people.
● Be resilient and flexible with the ability to adapt to quickly changing circumstances.
● Have good communication and supervisory skills.
● Have good working knowledge of computer-based financial reporting systems and record-keeping systems.
If interested, please email resumes to: email@example.com and reference Business Administrator in the subject line.