Part-Time Audio-Visual Coordinator (avg. 10-15 hours per week)
First Presbyterian Church of Libertyville, 219 W. Maple Avenue, Libertyville IL 60048
We are a vibrant faith community based in Libertyville with around 1,000 members, seeking to add an Audio-Visual Coordinator to a team devoted to the joy of Christian worship and community. The successful candidate must be reliable and capable of working collaboratively with multiple pastors and staff members, organists, worship band members and instrumentalists, including both paid professionals and unpaid volunteers. This position reports to the Director of Communication and ultimately the Pastor/Head of Staff.
Specific duties of this position include:
1. Manage and mix live sound, assist with live stream sound mix, record service/event audio, and assist as needed with video and projection services during worship services.
2. Attend rehearsals and planning meeting every other week to determine live and video sound needs for each program.
3. Set up and break down all lighting, sound, and video equipment, depending on requirements for each service or event.
4. Assist with lighting operations during services according to the planned activity.
5. Work with contractors when upgrades or repairs are required of lighting and sound equipment.
6. Recruit, train and supervise a group of regular volunteers to assist in this work including the work of meeting online technical support needs for worshippers accessing online broadcasts.
7. Maintain an inventory of all church-owned AV equipment, ensuring that all are in good working order, seeing to proper use and storage through a system of logging in and out.
8. Create and edit media for use in services, and upload media content to the website when necessary.
9. Set up and coordinate audio/visual components of any church-wide events as requested.
(Additional events such as weddings/funerals/concerts are compensated on a per diem basis)
10. Collaborate with the preaching minister for the week, the music directors, and Director of Communications by performing any other duties when asked to do so.
Educational and experience requirements include the following:
• Bachelor or Associate degree in audio production is preferred, OR an equivalent combination of education, hands-on training and experience
• Professional experience with digital mixers, DSP management software, and Dante routing is preferred but not required
• Experience in paid or volunteer work within a church setting is highly desirable
• Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, ProPresenter is highly desirable
• Experience in live video production is highly desirable
Hours and Compensation:
This position will average 10-15 hours per week year-round. Sunday morning availability (4-5 hours) is mandatory and some Saturday (2-4 hours) and holiday shifts are required. Compensation is commensurate with experience.
TO APPLY: Email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com, to the attention of Nick
Proepper, Personnel Committee Chair at First Presbyterian Church of Libertyville.
Download this document as a PDF